Safety Leader/ Backup Production Leader
This position will pay up to $24 per hour (hourly position, so high earning potential as well as opportunities for advancement). It will be primarily Mon – Fri, but employee must be very flexible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate daily, weekly, monthly and YTD metrics to report to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems
- Influence, drive and assist business unit in achieving designated safety metrics
- Conduct routine EHS observations, inspections, audits and risk assessments
- Identification and elimination of workplace hazards
- Identification and management of hazardous chemicals
- Development, maintenance and implementation of regulatory compliance programs
- Research and understanding of applicable Safety and Environmental regulations – provide necessary technical expertise
- Identification and abatement of potential sources of environmental pollution
- Complete all required regulatory documentation (i.e. recordkeeping, reporting, permitting, etc.) in accordance with regulatory deadlines
- Training and assisting others to complete designated safety and compliance responsibilities (audits, following safety rules, required training, etc.)
- Communicating (individual, group and public), coordinating, or administering EHS training as needed
- Responding to and investigating all reported incidents and driving closure of all corrective/preventative actions
- Manage all workplace injuries in accordance with corporate worker’s compensation claim management practices and transitional return to work program
- Perform other duties, as assigned, in support of the corporate and business unit’s EHS strategic plan
- Will serve as back-up Production Leader when needed
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing regulations and Management Systems. Experience with Process Safety and Risk Management programs.
- Four years manufacturing experience; Degree desired but not a must; OSHA 30
- Previous EH&S experience
- Deals effectively with company personnel on all levels.
- Experience leading teams in the improvement of business processes and operational performance.
- Exceptional organizational skills / high consideration for detail
- Ability to be successful when working independently
- Expert in time management