16 mile round trip. Local ($24.00 per hour nights) – 12hr 5 days Sun. – Thurs. or Mon. – Fri.
Essential Responsibilities & Tasks
- Maintain a current Class A CDL with Tanker Vehicle (Tanker) endorsements (Must be able to driver manual – 10 speed and automatic).
- Operate and maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards; Maintaining accurate records and logs
- Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading of freight if required by customer
- Drive under both the DOT regulations and in compliance with company policies
- Unload & load freight off/on trailers as required
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Operate a tractor/trailer combinations up to 14 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting materials
- Climb ladders to inspect loads, ensuring that cargo is secure.
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
- Follow special cargo-related procedures, such as checking refrigeration systems
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones, to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Provide excellent service to customers
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures
- Ability to safely climb and pull body weight in and out of a tractor cab and trailer multiple times a day
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor
- Ability to safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery
- Ability to reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and as many as 12-14 hours in a day, including any of the shifts (day, evening, night and weekend).
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs frequently and greater than 75 lbs occasionally)
- Ability to connect/disconnect kingpin with an average weight/pull force of approximately 75 lbs
- Ability to crank trailer landing gear up or down to safely secure vehicles.
- Criminal Background History Subject to Review
- Must Pass Pre-Employment DOT Physical/Drug Screen